3.29.2008

Maddie on the Move

Oh boy. Kurt and I are totally in for it. The activity level in our house in the last 24 hours has dramatically increased, and it is most certainly not divided equally among the three of us. I finally got disgusted enough with the state of my floors to do a deep clean after Madelyn went to bed last night. Weird, I know, but when the cleaning bug bites, you just better go with it because there's no telling when it's going to bite again. I at least managed to get the loud vacuuming done before she fell asleep, but I was on my knees hand scrubbing my floors until about 8:30 p.m. Let me just say: sparkling. You can eat off of these floors, which is why when Maddie woke up on Saturday morning, we put her down on the floor to crawl and explore to her heart's content (I had previously kept her more or less confined to a quilt on the floor because she has a tendency to lick the floors as she's crawling along). Now that she's tasted (literally, it seems) freedom, there's no going back. She doesn't want to be held or confined in any way...she just wants to crawl! And she can really scoot along! Favorite destinations thus far: my breastpump, the fireplace, the colander on the bottom shelf of the island in the kitchen, and the dirty shoe mat by the front door. Her basket full of colorful toys? Nope. Never :)


Madelyn's first Easter Sunday was also fun. Look at her in her sweet little dress! We went to church in the morning and then shared yummy meals with Papa, Nana, Auntie Kelsie, Uncle Kris, Grandpa, and Grandma throughout the day. Maddie always has a blast visiting with her extended family. She has a unique relationship with each person, and it's such a joy for Kurt and me to watch those relationships grow.


One other photo for good measure. This is her first experience with a teething biscuit. They are most certainly as messy as everyone says they are, but she absolutely loved it...until she gummed it so hard that a huge chunk broke off in her mouth causing her paranoid first-time mom to frantically fish it out with her finger and then take the rest of it away while Maddie broke down in huge crocodile tears. So sad!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S CRAWLING NOW!!! I seriously just went online and looked at prices for flights...we have to see her soon! :) She's SO BIG!!! :)

Kelly said...

Very cute dress :)I can't believe she's crawling either, wow where did time go?

catherine said...

Go Maddie!!! Excellent. :) So I just so the movie The Martian Child and I realize Kurt recommended it forever and ago but wanted to let you guys know that it was truly enjoyed. What a great flick!

Kimberlee said...

catherine, i'm so glad you like the movie! we finally saw it a month or so ago and LOVED it. a refreshing film for sure. have you seen august rush? if not, see that one too!

beth, we would love to have you but you can't fly, my dear! let us come to you this time :)

kelly, i think the same thing every day. time just flies by, but we try our best to savor every moment.