8.12.2010

The Last Laugh (of the day, that is)


This is where we found Madelyn last night just before Kurt and I went to bed. Kurt about had a panic attack because he didn't see her in her bed anywhere, but upon closer review, there she was on the floor behind the orange rocking chair, totally asleep. Kids are so weird.



But then things got even better. Kurt picked her up to take her potty, and I climbed into bed. About two minutes later, I heard him whisper-yelling my name from the bathroom. I ran in there to find him nearly choking with laughter, and he told me to give Maddie's tummy a pat. I complied and discovered that she had been sleeping with one of her tiny stuffed baby dolls under her pajama top...sound like the physique of anyone else in our family? Since learning about the baby in Mommy's tummy, Maddie has been fascinated with putting baby dolls and stuffed animals and balls up her shirt to pretend that she has a baby in her tummy, too. Totally normal, I know, but it just cracks us up. The other night, Kurt came home from work to find his two "pregnant" girls sitting on the couch watching a Veggietales video. Kind of alarming at first glance! Anyway, we both were snort-laughing so hard in the bathroom last night that we woke Maddie up (she typically stays fast asleep through this final-potty routine). She smiled and then looked pretty confused and just pointed to her bed, but first thing this morning, she wanted to get her baby and put her right back where she evidently belongs -- in her tummy :)

2 comments:

Anna and Cody said...

Oh my gosh how funny! What a sweet girl! She will be an AWESOME big sister!

Diane said...

Ha Ha!! Such a great story! Her curiosity and zest for life will take her far!