4.07.2008

Confessions, part 2

Ok all, I have a confession of my own to make. Kim and I have had a tough weekend. We're dealing with the fact that our 7month old daughter is a bit of a klepto. Yes, she stole for the first time this weekend and it was from our own friends.

You see, it all started when our good friends Took, Jeff and Max needed help moving. Kim, Maddie and I rallied to the cause and got them into their new place. The downside? Well, when we got home, we found that Maddie came home with something that wasn't hers or ours:


What we
are happy about is how strong she is; above, she's seen trying to hide it under her jumperoo. She must have tucked this little box into her pocket or her onesie or something... I KNOW!!! Isn't that amazing?!?! We were so surprised because it's not such a small box, you know? We were also surprised when she pulled herself up to a standing position!! We were so excited! See the continued progression below


She's so fun and she's so strong. However, I'm sure you can see a fatal flaw in this story. Don't worry, she actually
did pull herself up. She just didn't take this box. It's just a little too big for her to carry.

That's where my actual confession comes in. So we helped Took and Jeff move and this box made it home with us. No, this isn't just any box. It doesn't have expensive electronics, luxurious jewelry, or irreplaceable keepsake items from someone's childhood. No, no, that's just not special enough. This box was marked with "TOOK'S MOST PRIZED POSSESSIONS" and contained quite a few delicious bags that you saw in the previous post.

So, to all of you who showed interest in this beautiful arm candy, they are not for sale... by us anyway. You can try hitting Took up for the same prices, but she may have a bit of a markup :)

Sorry to you all for the joke affecting you as well. It's funny because I think Took was even ready to put some money down on a couple of these before she noticed that they were hers... too funny!

Oh, and Kim wants me to make it abundantly clear that she had nothing to do with this.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Brilliant joke! I totally fell for it!!! However, I have a SERIOUS weakness for bags and go into a coma-like state when confronted with so many beautiful choices! :)

mollyb said...

So you took the box with the purses? Or you took pictures of the purses before you left? ... Either way, I think it's pretty funny. Although I was contemplating a "hit" on a Petunia Picklebottom for only $25!!

Took said...

I am happy to see that my prized possessions were the motivation to have Maddie stand up. A girl after my own heart...